PositiveSingles.com - the best, most trusted and largest anonymous STD dating site!
PositiveSingles.com - the best, most trusted and largest anonymous STD dating site!

Google Search

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

HSV Dating Sites - Can You Actually Find a Match?


After I was diagnosed with HSV-2 in November of 2008, I spent a lot of time trying to find a couple of decent HSV dating sites where I could meet women in the same situation. I took my diagnosis hard, but eventually realized that I could actually forget about it to a large extent if I was dating someone with whom I didn't have to have 'the talk' or worry about infecting.

Shockingly Inept

I was a little bit taken aback after searching a few HSV dating sites that had seemed to be all but abandoned. For example, one site I visited was called 'Positive Love'. It looked good from the outset, but then I did a search for profiles within my city.

Now, I live in Vancouver, BC, which is a decent-sized city (well, the third biggest in Canada, anyway). I made my search pretty broad by including women from the ages of 28-39. I included no other search criteria.

The result? (Gulp) Zero profiles returned. For the heck of it, I expanded this search to include all of Canada. The result (in a country of 30 million people)?

90 profiles returned!

I then signed up to another of the handful of HSV dating sites online. This one was called 'STD Friends'. This one also looked quite professional, but contained a bad omen: the std news reports featured on the first page were all dated back to 2006. I plugged ahead anyway and did the same search for my city, women aged 28-39.

The results? 0 profiles returned within Vancouver, and only 14 profiles returned across all of Canada!




Luckily, it didn't get worse after this. In fact, it got a lot better.

I stumbled upon a site called PositiveSinglesOnline.com. I discovered the 'Positive Singles' name while lurking around a forum thread that was about HSV dating sites. I went in and created a free profile and did my same 'search test'.

This time, my search for women aged 28-39 returned a whopping 322 profiles - and that was just within 100 miles of my apartment!

I'm now an active, chatty member - and highly recommend this site.

Happy searchin'!