PositiveSingles.com - the best, most trusted and largest anonymous STD dating site!
PositiveSingles.com - the best, most trusted and largest anonymous STD dating site!

Google Search

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Herpes Dating Website Forums Are a Wealth of Information For Herpes Sufferers


As a man who has genital herpes I have come to accept my fate. I am very fortunate that I only have an outbreak once a year since I changed my diet.

My condition is well under control without drugs or supplements. I did this by eliminating most refined sugar &, high fructose corn syrup from my diet. I use only evaporated cane juice or "sugar in the raw" in my coffee and cereal instead. I consume no artificial ingredients at all and eat a fairly healthy diet. I believe my frequent outbreaks were directly connected to refined sugar, corn syrup and artificial ingredients. After eliminating them from my diet the outbreaks literally stopped and I was outbreak free for over a year until recently so it really worked for me. I went from getting an outbreak every other month to less than once a year.

When I was first diagnosed with herpes I was in shocked and severely depressed. I knew what I had long before the test came back positive. For the first few months I was extremely upset and thought that no one would want me for a boyfriend because of my condition. I truly clinically depressed about it. Not knowing where to begin I did a search on Google.

I found a local STD group here in Rhode Island where I live. I signed up to their newsletter and was pretty amazed at what fun the group has together. They would go on white water rafting trips, meet at local hot spots to have fun and dance among other things. I just thought that was so cool! I am a shy guy when it comes to going to one of these events alone that I never went. One of the things that stressed me out the most was dating.

I met some nice ladies online who were very interested in me and I went out on some dates. A couple were very hot for me and really wanted to see me again. Unfortunately I chickened out and didn't go on anymore dates with them. Why? Because I was so stressed out about how to tell them I have genital herpes, and would be so hurt if I was rejected because of my condition that I just decided to stop dating altogether. After searching online I came upon a dating website for people with herpes. I was lucky enough to find a site that had a member forum so people could share their thoughts and their pain.

This was a turning point for me. The forums were full of great advice from members who share my condition. People were sharing dating tips and information on how they minimize outbreaks, it was enlightening. I started to come out of my lonely shell I had been living in for a year and started dating again. This time things were different! I was on a dating website where everyone had an STD so my stressing out about dating completely vanished. In less than one month I had several dates and met some real nice women.

Before we even met we knew each others condition so there was no stress at all. One of the things that each woman mentioned was the stress of having to tell your date you have herpes. These women felt exactly like I did so it was a relief to know that it is a common feeling among STD sufferers.

To make a long story short I met a really nice woman and we have been together for over a year and things are great! If you think your dating and sex life is over because of an STD then think again. There is hope for you! Come out of your shell like I did and take your life back. Make yourself whole again and take control of the situation like I did. I feel like I was reborn in some sort of weird way after the pain I had put myself through.








http://HerpesAndYouDating.com has some pretty good forums for people with herpes. I now have control of my condition and a great girlfriend. I write articles in my spare about herpes.