PositiveSingles.com - the best, most trusted and largest anonymous STD dating site!
PositiveSingles.com - the best, most trusted and largest anonymous STD dating site!

Google Search

Friday, June 10, 2011

Herpes Dating Sites Offer Genital Herpes Sufferers a Place to Meet a Mate


Dating for people with herpes is not impossible as a matter of fact it is very easy. When someone is first diagnosed with herpes they are devastated. The first thing most people think about when they are first diagnosed is that their dating and love life is over. This is simply not true and I will tell you why.

Every single day thousands of people are diagnosed with herpes, whether it be genital herpes or the herpes that most people know as colds sores. Cold sores are widely excepted and most people have no problem dating someone that has an occasional cold sore. Genital herpes is a little different because it is not seen by the eye and no one will know that you have it until you tell them.

It is very important that you do not have sex with anyone unless you tell them about your condition. I know it is a touchy subject because I have both forms of herpes. I know how hard it can be to tell someone that you really care about and want to start a relationship with that you have an STD.

When I was first diagnosed with genital herpes I was completely in shock. I soon discovered that one in five adults is infected with an STD, after reading that I did not feel so bad as I knew that I was not alone.

There are many places where you can meet people just like you. Those places are usually in the forums on STD dating websites. I found a local group near me that get together at local restaurants lounges so they can meet people who have similar conditions. Some of these groups even have outings together where they go white water rafting and mountain climbing together which thought was pretty cool.

Joining one of these groups is a great way to meet people. Where I found most of my information was in STD dating forums. I found that in these forums people were so honest and wanted to share with everyone how they feel and their experiences in dealing with their condition

Most STD websites have their own forums that anyone can usually access for free. Inside these forums you will hear how people control their outbreaks and how they handle a relationship while protecting their partner. I am no medical expert by any means but from what I have heard a person is more apt to catch the disease one day before an outbreak and up to a week after the sore heals. With that being said, there is plenty of time that you won't be capable of spreading the disease but of course you should always protect the other person.

I get a genital herpes outbreak about once a year and I can usually tell when I am getting one. I start to itch like crazy where I normally get my outbreak. Herpes outbreaks usually occur in the same place where the original outbreak happened. If you start to itch there I would refrain from sex until you know whether you are getting an outbreak or not.

Herpes dating sites are great because you will know the other persons condition before you even contact them. Dating someone with the same condition as you makes going on a date stress free because your mind isn't going crazy thinking about how you would tell the other person about your condition if you start to get serious.

Another good thing about these herpes dating sites is that they do not allow search engines on them so your profile is completely protected. They also will not show a large photo of any of the members to non paid members to further protect your privacy.

When you meet your date for the first time you can spend it getting to know the person without the fear rejection because of your condition.








I am very fortunate that I met a really great woman on one of sites and we hit it off right away. We both agreed that by knowing each others condition it really made us at ease with each other. http://herpesandyoudating.com is a great website where you can find thousands of people who share your condition. I highly recommend you pay a visit to check it out. The forums there a truly priceless and there are plenty of great members as well.

Don't worry! Be Happy! Life is to short to hide in your shell and think your dating and love life is over just because you have genital herpes. Take your life back now!